Vijayakeeladri is mentioned in historical documents as a place of Lord Venkateswara as early as 1904. In 1961-62, HH Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji started to develop this Vijayakeeladri temple and Lord Venkateswara was consecrated at that time. However, due to His involvement in the major 108 Sri Rama Krathu Programs, this project took a back seat. Meanwhile a few devotees constructed a temple for the Lord at the foot of the hill itself.
HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji, after seeing the history, took it up as a mission to develop this Vijayakeeladri into a major spiritual and educational retreat.
In the presence of HH Tridandi Chinna Srimannarayana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji Sriman Gokaraju Ganga Raju M.P of Narasapuram & President of Jeeyar Educational Trust and Sriman Jupalli Rameswara Rao-Maha cement are visited the Vijayakeeladri mountain in Sitanagaram. Sriman P.Venkatacharya and Chakradharji explained the progress of the road work on the mountain.